How To Buy

All handmade products listed under "Shop" are available for U.S. and International shipment. Once, payment confirmation is received, your item(s) will be shipped promptly. Your business is sincerely appreciated.

OMG Alex & Lee

I had a true OMG, "where have I been"  moment,  when I came across Alex & Lee's jewelry designs for Proenza Schouler's Resort 2012 collection.

Apparently, “Jewelry ha[d] been on the minds of Proenza Schouler’s Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez for some time... At the Hyères Festival this past Spring, the duo announced they were working on a small collection of extremely limited costume pieces in fluorescent colors and chunky shapes. For their Resort ‘12 collection, which the designers describe as an exploration of craft and late sixties West Coast culture, they took the idea one step further, collaborating with the art jewelry line Alex & Lee, a staple of San Francisco’s crafts scene in the seventies.” (Schneier, November 25, 2011

I am so thrilled that I stumbled on such an incredible collaboration between two wonderful house names. For the past few months I have been thirsting for some inspiration for Pure Love; now, my thirst has been quenched.

4 comments:

  1. wow these are some amazing statement necklaces :)
    thanks for your comments, i'm following you now.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pieces are absolutely stunning - I think they might be difficult to wear, but what beautiful pieces to add to a collection! They're true works of art :)
    xox,
    Cee
    http://cocoandvera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the exact same thing, too; however, once I saw some of the pieces on actual models, I realized that the necklaces wouldn't be that difficult to wear. Most of them hang pretty low and they would look great with simple lines. See here: http://www.republicofchic.in/2012/04/proenza-schouler-2012-alex-and-lee_20.html

      Delete
  3. nice pieces...
    meretrose.blogspot.de

    Derya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers